MATRIA is an artistic journey of love. How to face the family memory in a state forged in the forgetfulness? What is the family legacy of the wounds of the Civil War?
And what is the role played by our mothers?
From the margins we search the margins, from the Matria we speak. A circular space, where we see faces, to discuss the narratives of forgetfulness. A disappeared, the forgotten and the herstory.
This is a work I have done in collaboration with Clara and Ariadna Peya from Les Impuxibles. Actions, dance, text and live music are the essential of this multidisciplinary show about the thousand and one faces of sexual violence.
AÜC is the silent cry or lament in our daily life. It is an uncomfortable but necessary place. AÜC is about you and me, about us.
Òpera Prima as a director and playwright. The main thing of this piece is the participation of amateur artists: children who’ve participated in a previous workshop. In these community workshops, we have worked around the concepts of pain, the boundaries between adult and child theater and the communication between them.
In April 2016 I visited Korea to participate in an exchange of artists between Fira Tàrrega and the Ansan Street Arts Festival. So half a year after my first creation I saw myself on the other end of the world with the challenge of continuing to draw the thread of pain, this time with adolescents who had lived a traumatic event, the sinking of Sewol. I thus ended up signing my second piece, with the help of Clara Carbonell.
‘While the machine keeps on running’ is a cooperative reflection on the tragedy of the sinking of the Sewol through the classic of Antigone.
In October 2010, the team of LAminimAL Teatre met for the fist time, under the direction of Daniela De Vecchi, as a theatre researching group in residency at Sala Beckett.
From then until June 2011, LAminimAL carried out monthly laboratories at Sala Beckett’s Obrador Internacional de Dramaturgia with public presentations, that corroborated with the audience its work in progress through the systemic poetic. Since, they have presented several performances based on this work in different Theaters and Festivals all around Catalunya such as Teatre Romea, La Seca Espai Brossa, Festival GREC, Temporada Alta or FiraTàrrega.
I have been part of the company for 6 years, as an actress, doing production work, support in the work of the voice and collaborating in the dramaturgy of La Supervivència de les Lluernes with the text Absence.
- Drama BFA by Institut del Teatre.
- Social Work Degree by Universitat de Girona.
- Butoh Dance with Semimaru Sankai Juku.
- Golden Century Verse with Alicia Sanchez.
- Fitzmaurice Technique with Anna Estrada.
- Shakespeare’s Hightened Language with Patsy Rodenburg.
- Shakespeare’s The word made action with Will Keen.
- Grotowsky Training with Pere Saïs.
- MRS Training with José Sanchís Sinisterra.
- Matria de Carla Rovira. Director and actress
- Aüc de Les Impuxibles and Carla Rovira. Dramatury and direction
- Lo teu és pur teiatru by Carla Rovira. Director
- La Coronació de Barbarella by Dimitri Lalta. Actress
- Apocalypse Uploaded by LaminimAL Teatre. Actress
- While the machine keeps on running by Carla Rovira Pitarch. Director
- Most of all, you’ve got to hide it from the chicks by Carla Rovira Pitarch. Director and actress
- Sacred Cows by Denise Duncan, directed by Joan Arqué. Assistant Director
- Close Encounters of the Different Kind by StereoAkt, directed by Martin Boross. Production Assistant
- The Survival of the Fireflies by LAminimAL Teatre, directed by Daniela De Vecchi. Character: Cassandra
- The Suicide of the Mortgaged Elephant by LAminimAL Teatre, directed by Daniela De Vecchi. Character: Actor C
- The Maids by Jean Genet directed by Carolina Llacher. Character: Solange.
- LAVA by Studio Orka Cia. at Teatre Lliure, directed by Martine Decroos. Character: Kattrin.
- The Greatness of being One among Many by David Eudave, directed by Daniela De Vecchi. Character: Actor C
- The Sea is Beautiful by Denise Duncan, directed by Denise Duncan. Winner of the XVII Mostra de Teatre de Barcelona. Character: Margarita.
- Ugliest Disease and Very Sad Death of Queen Isabel the 1rst by Joan Yago, directed by Israel Solà. Winner of the Festival Escenia de Foios 2011. Character: Cardinal.
- Electra by Sophocles, directed by Joan Castells. Character: Coryphaeus.
- Short Pieces by Harold Pinter, directed by Rafel Duran. Character: Des in The New World Order and Gila in One for the Road.
- Night just before the Forest by Bernard-Marie Koltès, directed by Albert Massanas.
- Richard the 3rd by William Shakespeare, directed by Anna Estrada. Character: Margaret.
TEACHING AND COACHING:
- Speech and Diction Teacher at BabelBcn Academy of Languages.
- Voice Teacher at ECIB Cinema School.
- Voice Coach in several theater montages.
- Social Worker in foster homes.